learning to love you moreJanuary 2, 2006 posted by: joreg
Learning to Love You More is both a web site and series of non-web presentations comprised of work made by the general public in response to assignments given by artists Miranda July and Harrell Fletcher.
Participants accept an assignment, complete it by following the simple but specific instructions, send in the required report (photograph, text, video, etc), and see their work posted on-line. Like a recipe, meditation practice, or familiar song, the prescriptive nature of these assignments is intended to guide people towards their own experience.
- Make a child’s outfit in an adult size.
- Draw a constellation from someone’s freckles.
- Make a paper replica of your bed.
- Cover the song “Don’t Dream It’s Over”.
- Make a video of someone dancing.
- Take a picture of the sun.
- Defeat Bush.
- Make a “LTLYM assignment”.
- Make the saddest song.
Comments are no longer accepted for this post.