vvvv_45beta29December 24, 2012
exactly 10 years ago today vvvv33beta1 descended to earth. and it brought great joy amongst us all. in order to celebrate this occasion we want to re-release it today: vvvv33beta1beta-contribution
and it took us 10 years to release roughly 40 versions (honestly we lost track a bit over the years. you have to understand that vvvv was started before version control was en vogue that is at times when some of you still believed in santaclaus!). for the sake of numerology lets say today sees the release of number 42. and we call it vvvv45beta29.
here is whats to expect from beta29:
- vvvv is now fully unicode from tip to toe: unicorn-in-alpha-builds
- from now on there will be 32 bit as well as 64bit builds: vvvv-64bit
- there is a series of new nodes that simplifies handling of XML: xml-nodes-added-to-alpha-builds
- there is a new datatype for byte-handling: new-datatype-raw
- there is a new html-texture node based on chromium that opens up a whole new universe (comes with the addonpack): htmltexture-(ex9.texture)
- there is a new alternative to playing back video files: player-(ex9.texture) and quite some more fixes as you’ll see in the changelog.
- also a behind-the-scenes rework of the boygrouping code was necessary. the only thing you should notice there is that things are potentially faster now.
note that the necessary changes for unicode and 64bit affected quite large portions of vvvvs codebase. we did our best to make sure everything works at least as good as before. you’ll be the judge of that. and many thanks to our regular alpha-testers who found some nice buggers.
now with vuxuserens announcement of his full DirectX 11 implementation for vvvv and node13 just around the corner it already seems that 2013 will see a nice takeoff..
all the best to everyone and worldpeace. your devvvs.
ps.: here is a promise (to ourselves): this is the last release on the 24th of a december. who came up with this date in the first place? cheesus!