DirectX 11 Beta 31.2 UpdateDecember 2, 2013 posted by: vux Guest Post
Latest build for DirectX11 and beta31.2
Quite some new changes for this one.
Update 4th, December
One small nasty bug decided to stay hidden until after deploy, so I updated the build,please download latest version again (replaced downloads), sorry for any inconvenience ;) So latest release has those extra bits:
- Cube/Texture Array renderer were not working anymore
- On the way device does proper clean at the end of each frame (normally harmless, but debug runtime spam at times).
- Integrated small shared texture fix from (user:sebl)
- Metaballs were missing topology (Nvidia seems to not care and handle it, ATI just crashes).
- Added new FileTexture (2d.Pooled), please check it it’s nice ;)
- Text had a hue Issue
- Sampler State had overflow issue in 64 bits build
- Preview was not resetting stages prior to render, which could cause a black screen.
- Render Slices on Depth were not set properly on CubeMap/TextureArray renderers.
- Topology node was creating issue if enum was set to undefined, now in this case it doesn’t convolute geometry.
- Readback has reasonably fast reader for standard types (vectors/matrix…), instead of using generic version.
- Billboard has a Double value toggle, to use full screen space with a quad of 1.
- New node to join subsets (by ( (user:velcrome) )
- Quad had some renaming (by ( (user:joreg) )
- Many help fix and some new TextureFX, by ( (user:unc) ) check Pillow,Threshold,TriColor
- Metaballs (DX11.Geometry) Simple port over the previous one.
- Pipet has been changed to show usage of new native type readbacks.
- Line batch geometry shader example (see screenshot above).
- Domain Deform tessellation example.
- DispatchThreadID compute shader examples
Download Latest version here : directx11-nodes-alphabeta-contribution
Please note that for now most work is to replace SlimDX by SharpDX, so next release (planned for end december/mid january) will have a couple of changes (which should not affect the patcher).
That also means access to DirectX11.2 (win8.1 only).
On the move quite a few core bits are changed/improved but, more announcements while progressing ;)
Comments are no longer accepted for this post.
mmm, houston, we have a problem :) i’ve downloaded, but FileTexture (DX11 2d.Pooled)dosen’t exist. tried all things to avoid my fault (downloaded twice, deleted the old, started vvvv without dx11 and then copied things in packs)but nothing to do. nothing pooled around here :D
can someone confirm or disconfirm?