vvvv at CeBIT 2013March 6, 2013 posted by: joreg
According to wikipedia the CeBIT is the world’s largest and most international computer expo. So be it. And where superlatives are vvvv is not far.
We are aware of the following 2 installations running on vvvv. If you know anymore please let us know, so we can add a pointer here.
Videoplayback and interactive content for a mega flip chart for two moderators talking about Business-Services of the Deutsche Telekom.
- 18 60" frameless LCD displays
- Boygroup: 6 clients, 1 server
- generative layer (particle and mesh GPU madness)
- 42 minutes of prerendered footage as .dds DXT5 sequences played via Player (EX9.Texture)node realized by m-box with ceeyaauser and lasaluser on behalf of zweimaleins Telekom, hall 4
A mega video chat for two speakers demonstrating interactive collaboration. 2 synchronized setups with each:
- 3840x1080 output on a 8 screen video wall with 5m length.
- 3x full HD live video input stitched to a panorama by homography matrices calculated by elliotwoodsuser.
- 5 layers of prerendered content as .dds DXT5 sequences equals 10x fullHD pixelrate read from a SSD RAID system (>500Megapixels per second) with Player (EX9.Texture)node.
- integrated transparent flash app via HTMLTexture (EX9.Texture Url)node with another live video chat to berlin.
- 3 matched kinects to track the speaker gestures that control the application
realized by tonfilmuser, concept and design zweimaleins Telekom, hall 4
Comments are no longer accepted for this post.
Uhyeah this project (the “Videochat” part) was fun. First time working with vvvv and I had tonfilmuser as Zen Master!
Next week I’ll get one of those 8-Screen-Walls installed in our office so I can learn/try/do some nice animations in vvvv on it… f#*& yeah!
btw. it was >500 Megabyte/s on our RAID not MegaPixel, 1067MB/s to be precise ;)
we added a video and some more pics of the CeBIT project to our website:
The video is about the booth as a whole, but you can see the Videochat in action.