HTMLTexture node using CEF 3 nowJune 27, 2014 posted by: Elias
The HTMLTexture (EX9.Texture) node is now based on version 3 of the Chromium Embedded Framework (CEF) and available for testing in the latest alpha builds. Thanks to MESO for sponsoring the update.
The update to CEF 3 brings the following features:
- The node is now finally available in 64 bit.
- CEF can be configured through command line arguments to vvvv.exe - a general overview can be found here: http://peter.sh/experiments/chromium-command-line-switches/ - not all working though
- forum not crashing anymore.
But there’re also some new limitations we came across in our first tests:
- Mouse flickers in flash files - see http://www.magpcss.org/ceforum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10688 - will probably never be fixed because of deprecation of NPAPI.
- Our transparent flash example doesn’t work anymore - and didn’t find a way yet to get it working again. This is probably related to the mouse flickering mentioned above.
We encourage everyone to test the node and report issues as usual in the alpha forum.
Comments are no longer accepted for this post.