vvvvhat happened in September 2015October 2, 2015 posted by: joreg
helo my dear fellow patchers,
i got the feeling lately that you’ve been doing way too much of vvvv for anyone to be able follow. and we’re all so busy and certainly everyone misses half of whats happening. so let me just write out loud here…i’m thinking…a monthly recap that allows everyone to get a quick overview of the highlights of the past vvvv month, something like so:
yo, so firstly we got blessed with some amazing new contributions:
- obviously velcromeuser shoot the bird (ifimaysayso) once again by doing this: vvvv-patchboxbeta-contribution. he collected all the crazy UI tweaks already out there since years in some cases, cleaned them up and added more into one consistent pack. if you’re not gonna flattr him for that..i don’t know..
- everyoneishappyuser indeed when they taste the instance-noodlesbeta-contribution. kind of like the textureFX for geometry. well done sir!
- elektromeieruser shows us what he did with the noodles: disolverbeta-contribution
- catweaseluser gives us a dx11-sprite-sheet-textbeta-contribution module. not something you’ll need everyday but certainly good to know it is already there once you need it
- and then there is the dragboxbeta-contribution by kld4user which he describes as “A window system to quickly create user interfaces.”. crazy..
- velcromeuser also updated his message-2.0beta-contribution to v2.1 which he says comes with quite some fixes and also fixes the x86 version. now i see that pack has been downloaded more than 400 times and does not have a single flattr yet. so let me just fix that. ok 1, can we have some more there please?
- i updated the kinect-v2-hdfacebeta-contribution contribution to work with the latest kinect2-nodesbeta-contribution pack. only there is still a problem with getting the face matched to the rgb image. so if you happen to know how this is supposed to work, please add your mustard over there.
- and vuxuser added his materials from his node15 compute workshop: node-15-compute-shader-workshop-patchesbeta-contribution which also adds to the complete list of node15-workshop-materials
Previously on vvvv
next. have you ever browsed through the contributions and stumbled over something from ninetinehundredsoandso that you want everyone to know about? then make sure it runs with the latest vvvversion and reupload it. so i did: pathgeometrybeta-contribution.
and finally ma favorite gallery entry for september: Fatal Light Attraction by Samuel Kerridge, id144user & Mária Júdová.simple, effective. reduced to the max. for details see: samuel-kerridge-fatal-light-attraction
so what do you think? no big deal, right? still took me 3h now to write this. but thats maybe just me… did i miss something? than just add it in the comments, maaan!
no i mean, what do you think in terms of how about having something like this every month? and more specifically: how about it is not me every month writing this but every month it is someone else? oh yeah good idea actually…
so here are the two rules to get it going:
- always the first of you who shouts in the comments something like “yeah, i’m gonna do it” gets to do the next. preferrably always in the first days of the next month. so only shout if you know that you’ll have time to do it!
- the title always has to be: “vvvvhat happened in..” (just so we can easily build a url list automatically from those posts)..
if nobody wants i’ll have to appoint someone. so, no pressure..
Comments are no longer accepted for this post.
thanks for the mention, very flattering :D
I take your task, joreg. Next month shall be mine.
I am very much for the monthly RE VIEW; so community: Sharing ain’t so hard. Keep it going! Upload! Think of it like that: Every patch can be a teacher to someone, no matter your personal point on the learning curve. You never know, there might be a noob longing for your knowledge, there might come a master, that just simplifies your knot in your head or even the yoda that noodles it all around in a way never expect you did.
You guessed it, this is both a forward memorial for the pro users, and a friendly invitation for everybody who just wants to celebrate her first vvvv-pride moment in public as well. Clean up, share and you shall be mentioned.