vvvvhat happened in April 2016May 2, 2016 posted by: joreg
again. apparently a lot happened in april. so lets get right to it:
- Dissociated Pressbeta-contribution by epsuser remixes texts based on a Markov chain technique
- PolyMapbeta-contribution by digitalwannabeuser is a little mapping tool (needs latest alpha to work!)
- PersianTypographybeta-contribution by mirouser proposes an alternative to the TypoSpread (Spreads)node
- Emeshebeta-contribution by microdeeuser is now better downloaded via: github https://github.com/microdee/Emeshe
- Message 2.0beta-contribution by velcromeuser got a little preview update (see his vveekend vvorkshop linked to below)
- badMapperbeta-contribution i just made a few cosmetic updates to it
now this is how you make and document a project. only he forgot to upload it to our gallery, so i’m afraid only 90 out of 100 points. it apparently was a bachelor thesis by thomas mayer at the Hochschule für Gestaltung Schwäbisch Gmünd). more details on his website.
but there’s been more:
- evvvviluser has a new Kinect Dance Hack out
- boplbopluser has a new set on flickr
- id144user shows us The Guest
- sagishiuser and Marlene Reischl created All Of Us
- sunepuser did some Ghost Scanning
- kld4user shared 3 projects: Interaction in Dance, Switch On and The New Comoluces
- intolight shared their documentation of doing Visuals for the Nachtiville festival last year
…and zeosuser is telling us how he goes about his work.
Oldies but Goldies
i’ve been recently reminded of this little gem by Grosse8:
but also i want to make sure that everyone is aware of Spout. available now for at least 2 years it allows you to share dx9/dx11/opengl textures between different programs on windows, like: max/msp, touchdesigner, resolume, afterfx,… see a full list of supported programs on their website.
latest vvvv alphas come with ready to use modules: Spout (DX9 Sender) and Spout (DX9 Receiver)!
- tonfilmuser and me are looking forward to joining the Mapping Festival in Geneva on May 8
- robotantonuser will again speak at this years CG Event in Vilnius on May 28
- the lovvvvely Schmiede in Hallein is accepting applications for September
still going strong: microdeeuser and his vveekend vvorkshops. meanwhile accessible via a proper url: https://www.youtube.com/c/vveekendvvorkshops
- “Everything Messages” with velcromeuser introducing his pack
- a two part “Machine Learning with vvvv” workshop with motziuser, creator of the Machine Learning Packbeta-contribution
und die kunstuniversität linz sucht eine/n UniversitätsassistentIn - Schwerpunkt Interaktive Medien
what the VL?
about a year ago we boldly demoed VL. and now it still hasn’t made it out of alpha. zzzz. wherever we show it, people who get it, get it very quickly. and they can’t wait to getting handson with it. but we’re still a bit cautious in recommending to use it, because we’re just not there yet to allow everyone have a great initial experience. so please use it already if you’re bravvvve but still wait if you like things a little more polished. latest news are always here: /vl
gregsnuser, azenouser and dominikkolleruser just came back from a 3 day workshop at this years resonate festival. their report comes with a link to the github repository that has the game they created with the participants.
thats it again. and as always: if i forgot anything please add it in the comments. happy patching in may!
Comments are no longer accepted for this post.