vvvvhat happened in Dezember 2015January 1, 2016 posted by: joreg
and stuff… a lot of! now if everything went according to plan you’re just gaining back consciousness from the last days and have come to your favorite website to learn about what you missed last month. glad you made it. you should now have a cosy weekend ahead to dive into all those presents:
first a big horray for some updates of goodies we already know and lovvvve:
- vuxuser has just released an update to his DirectX11 Nodes Alphabeta-contribution
- everyoneishappyuser updated his Instance Noodlesbeta-contribution
- gumilastikuser updated his Texture AVI Writer (DX11beta-contribution)
then for all the crazy new stuff:
- EDSDK (DX11beta-contribution) сontrol Canon EOS cameras by gumilastikuser
- vvvv ZeroMQbeta-contribution for handling advanced networking science with just a few nodes by velcromeuser
- Player (DX11.Texturebeta-contribution) optimized playback of picture stacks by woeiuser
- Nexus UI 4vbeta-contribution editor for for the Nexus UI by AKa-visualsuser
- Griffin PowerMatebeta-contribution a simple module to get input from Griffin’s Powermate by jens.a.euser
- Sharpy DMXbeta-contribution a module for controlling and visualizing Sharpy DMX Lights by reaktantuser
- Swipe Gesture DX11-Touchbeta-contribution an example of the Swipe gesture for touch interfaces by vasilisuser
- Arduino Network Firmatabeta-contribution use arduino/firmata via network by adybadiuser
Oldies but goldies
working with QRCodes? yes there is QRCode (EX9.Texture)node to create QRCodes but how about reading them? well, already two years ago kiilouser provided a QRCode Readerbeta-contribution he based on the great ZXing library. sources included. very handy!
always good for a surprise this tekcoruser guy. if i am not mistaken he claims this video to be made entirely with vvvv. chapeau for the unique style:
also worth mentioning this latest work by refik anadol which features some vvvv: Virtual Depictions: San Francisco comes with some more details in this article on creativeapplications.
and while on that site i spotted at least three projects among the 10 most memorable projects of 2015 realized with vvvv:
In the Eyes of the Animal – Marshmallow Laser Feast:
483 Lines – Projecting analogue video picture on 483 nylon threads:
and remember the guy who did the smooth cloth animationbeta-contribution for node15? i found him on instagram:
microdeeuser is really meaning it. he continued his series of vveekendvvorkshops nearly every week. even had some guest lecturers over. what a great idea and realization. now everybody go and click the flattr button on his userpage to show your support. if you want! no pressure. OR you go to the vveekendvvorkshops page on patreon and show your appreciation there. either way is fine.
if you’re not convinced yet just follow the vveekendvvorkshops youtube channel for a start.
and of course VL our next-generation visual programming language is in active development and did some nice steps forward as you can read in the devvvv blog:
that’s it again. take your time when going through all the new addons and keep up the good work everyone!
Comments are no longer accepted for this post.
so awesome guys this is pushing so forward contunously non stop :)
Joreg thanks for mentioning the video.. the embed seams to not work correctly unfortunately
Wohoo! Great stuff happening.
Big up for the EOS plugin, looking forward to trying it out :)
Nice bunch of tings agwan. Apparently some douche bag made this audio-responsive raymarching VR application entirely in vvvv in dezember too, it was presented at “VRLO” VR event in London…
Also Southampton FC beat The Arsenal 4-0 at home on Boxing Day and that was a total fucking bummer, bruh.
cool thanks joreg :)
its realy motivating to publish even more only for this thread ;)