vvvvhat happened in March 2016April 4, 2016 posted by: joreg
winter’s come to an end but still apparently everyone was very busy vvvvinging away, because here is what we got this time:
two completely new addons:
- Intel RealSense Pluginbeta-contribution by aoiuser allows to interface with Realsense devices
- Engravvvverbeta-contribution by LaserLarsuser rasters images to G-Code
and a couple of updates:
- shadertoy-rendererbeta-contribution by minouser updated with a dx11 version
- fog-from-depthbuffer-dx11beta-contribution with a fix by tonfilmuser
- polar-coordinatesbeta-contribution with a dx11 version by colorsounduser
- spatial-edge-blend-shaderbeta-contribution with new stuff by colorsounduser
SOMAPHONY an audiovisual composition by zeosuser performed by Katharina Köller:
Also the two won a prize with their 10ve installation we saw at NODE15.
There is a new 000.graphics showrweel by tekcoruser. And don’t miss the Digital Forest Dome documentation about a recent project by colorsounduser and aka-visualsuser and the Interactive dance show with crowd genereated stickman documentation about a recent project by zepiuser.
Meso added two documentations about two of their last years projects to vimeo: BMW Carbon Core - IAA 2015 and BMW Plugin-In Hybrid Electric Vehicle - IAA 2015.
Here is a list of flickr users who recently added some of their stuff to the vvvv group:
And Quadrature are in the news: http://www.aec.at/aeblog/2016/03/15/artandscience-quadrature/
microdeeuser is unstoppable. he organized and streamed another 2 workshops. one with vuxuser on how to write DX11 Plugins, the other with some of his friends on integrating LambdaCube (a functional gpu-language)) with vvvv. see them and all the previous ones on the vveekend vvorkshops youtube channel.
if you’re keen on meeting other patchers in person have a look at these creative coding meetups around the world. i can specifically recommend the berlin one which i’ve enjoyed myself some of already..
Because there are so many in april i thought i’d list them for you:
- 11, 12, 13 april at Resonate in Belgrade
- 11, 13, 15 april at Gray Area in San Francisco
- 16, 17 april at Toolkit Festival in Venice
- 18 april in Granada
- 24 april at Gray Area Festival in San Francisco
- 6 may at Mapping Festival in geneve
what the VL?
If you care to read some more about the future of programming please check our two recent posts: Integer and Primitive Types in VL VL Winter Update
whoa i think that should do.. if i forgot anything please add it in the comments. and show us what you’re patching with in april.
Comments are no longer accepted for this post.