vvvvhat happened in May 2016June 5, 2016 posted by: joreg
i know it is a lot every month, but take those 5 minutes to browse through the stuff. i don’t want to later hear anyone say they didn’t know about something.. so first vvvv:
- now comes with native spout support
- got a RAW performance bump both are available for testing in latest alphas
most notably we got two completely new things:
- enouser shared a Blackmagic Video Input for DX11beta-contribution plugin
- microdeeuser went crazy with his Package Manager: vpmbeta-contribution and along with it, shared some of his contributions as vpacksbeta-contribution
and there were two updates:
- screameruser made a DX11 version for badmapperbeta-contribution
- StiXuser updated his VVVV-Reactor bridgebeta-contribution
Gallerya parutiful music video by Michele Pusceddu for SaBOLGIA feat. MaryLunaz - This is All For You.
and some finds from the web:
- The often vvvv infused work by Refik Anadol featured on the creatorsproject
- Lumophore II a full-dome ‘colour-sound’ performance by Paul Prudence
- Greg Kepler about powering cinder with some vvvv
- already a few months old: Philippe Dubost comparing vvvv with touchdesigner
my favorite this month are those glitchy rocks by desaxismundiuser. hope to see more of this in better quality soon. and in case you face yourself using instagram at least do yourself a favor and follow that guy!.
Oldies but Goldies
best find in a long time: already more than five years ago @henrik showed us how to send an MJpeg stream directly out of vvvv without much hassle. he burried that info in a contribution with the unassuming title vvvveb-lib-0.1beta-contribution. i allowed myself to extract that knowledge into a simple module called MJpegStream (EX9.Texture Sender). while at it i also added an MJpegStream (EX9.Texture Receiver) module and put them both in the addonpack. shipping with latest alphas…
TADAEX/NODE Exchange Program
2014/15 residents: Scherlin and Bastan totally exchanged this is an opportunity of a kind i don’t think too many exist. read about the exchange of Scherlin and Bastan and then go apply yourself. no exuses, deadline June 15th!
what the VL?
i’m afraid we’re still working on the branch as mentioned in the winter update. it is making good progress but still… besides we’re of course always working on the library and there are a couple of things you can check out in the latest alphas: native implementations of the OSC and TUIO protocols. why such? because vl can!
and next we’ll be sharing with you a native implementations of the firmata protocol with wrapper nodes for vvvv making handling of arduino/firmata quite a bit more trivial.. but thats coming in an extra blogpost…
enough. more sooner than later. gutpatch!
Comments are no longer accepted for this post.
i’d mention the (first?) successful crowdfunding development, initiated by velcrome and executed by tonfilm