vvvvhat happened in September 2016October 3, 2016 posted by: joreg
after another month of heavy patching and coding it is time again to get an ovvvverview of what happened recently:
big one first: we’re supahappy that vuxuser updated his DX11 pack, see directx11-0.7-update which comes with smaller contributions also by sebluser and gumilastikuser.
- tonfilmuser updated his VAudiobeta-contribution and OpenVRbeta-contribution packs
- digitalwannabeuser updated his SpoutControlsbeta-contribution and TetGenbeta-contribution
- ravazquezuser updated his ReactionDiffusion effectbeta-contribution
there are new contributions for DX11:
Volumetric Spot Light by mburk
- Volumetric Spot Lightbeta-contribution by mburkuser
- Multiscreen LVTbeta-contribution by lbyuser
- Readbackbeta-contribution by elliotwoodsuser
- i release the spout modulesbeta-contribution for DX11 as an extra contribution
and the obligatory teaser by unstoppable mr.microdeeuser fbx-sceneexplorer-teaser
there’ve been a couple changes to the website:
- we updated the infos on Coordinate Systems and Using Addons
- there is a shiny new page about Curves
- the flickr import is working again (posting to the vvvv group on flickr imports to the vvvv.org blog)
- contribution pages now show the category (plugin, module, effect, …) in the topleft corner
- blog, forum and contributions got an introductory text
GalleryPhyxelbots by Menglin (Ariel) Wang and Somya Chaturvedi The Phyxelbots project by students of the Interactive Architecture Lab also comes with an extensive documentation of the project: http://www.interactivearchitecture.org/lab-projects/phyxelbots
- kld4user has apparently some lighting control thing in the works he calls Visual Patch
- sunepuser did some sobling
- evvvviluser is fully immersed live-generative-visuals-live-electronic-music
- Bashibauser shared Realtime EEG data-visualization & sonification
- and we have a celebrity appearance in a beer commercial
this thursday i will assist tonfilmuser in his Rapid Prototyping for VR workshop at the lovely Retune festival in berlin. hope to see some of you there!
What the VL?
oh glad you asked, big time! all is back on schedule. please first read our vl-midsummer-nights-dream update and then: so you can now follow our daily progress again using the alpha builds and we’re very happy about feedback in the alpha forum at this stage.
we’re now hoping for a beta35 release including VL as a first class patching language around new-years. all the bigger concepts are in place and we’re now already giving them a second spin looking at ways to improve workflows for you (ie, spare you some clicks and the need to understand every technical detail to get things going). there’ll be blog-posts with updates as we progress..
ovvvver and out. anything missing? please add it in the comments. have a good patch!
Comments are no longer accepted for this post.