Chat: #vvvv on matrix.orgMay 10, 2017 posted by: joreg
i hereby want to invite you to join us in our chat-channel on matrix.org: #vvvv on matrix.org
wonder why not skype, whatsapp, telegram, slack, xmpp, ..or similar? glad you asked. here is what i think makes matrix the best choice for a community like ours:
- no need to register, click the link above and you are joined as a guest
- see full history (even as a guest)
- access via any device that has a browser
- access via fancy apps for all platforms: http://riot.im
- get proper notifications, on desktop, mobile, even via email if you want
- start your own (private) channels
- share files
- open source from tip to toe: server, protocol, client apps
- client sdks for the language of your choice
so does that replace ##vvvv on IRC? nope, matrix is so ingenious that instead of trying to be a replacement for one of the existing chat networks, it integrates with them. so with a few clicks we were able to bridge to our existing ##vvvv channel on irc, meaning that you can now join either via IRC or matrix to be part of the conversation.
and bridges are available for many other chat systems (gitter, slack, telegram,..) if someone likes to set one up.
so if there is anything you need help with or want to discuss, this is most likely the quickest way to get in touch with us and your fellow patchers.
hope to see you there..
Comments are no longer accepted for this post.