vvvvhat happened in December 2016January 2, 2017 posted by: joreg
what a ride that past 2016. and already 2017, the year of the next NODE, is in full swing. just in case you live behind the moon and this is the first post that reaches you in a while, learn this: vvvv 50beta35 plus addonpack is out now. it ships with vl and is gorgeous (in that it had >1000 downloads in the first week and no substantial bug report to day, yay!). can’t be bothered to read through the annoucement? watch the video.
Also we shipped the pandas and are calling for NODE17 workshops!
Here is a listing of last months new contributions:
- XYZ Pointcloud reducerbeta-contribution by id144user
- vvvv Telegrambeta-contribution by motziuser
- Stencil Maskbeta-contribution by everyoneishappyuser
- Microdevil Intersectbeta-contribution by evvvviluser
- Modbus RTC CRC 16beta-contribution by piluvauser
- PointEditorCS (DX11.Geometrybeta-contribution) by antokhiouser
and some updates:
- a DX11 version of the Velvetybeta-contribution shader by antokhiouser
- microdeeuser updated his vpmbeta-contribution package manager
- velcromeuser points out future releases of his zeroMQ and Message packs are now available via github releases or vpm. read Install sections of both: vvvv ZeroMQbeta-contribution and vvvv Messagebeta-contribution
Too good to be true…let’s hope those make it into a proper release:
Galleryזאַמד - mysterious beauty by ggmluser
and some demos by:
- StiXuser: Showcase of my approach to making live visuals for music
- elektromeieruser: Elebook Prototype
- bashibauser: Bashiba Kinect
And here is one to follow: https://www.instagram.com/satoruhiga
What the VL?
Well, it is out, use it! let us know how it works for you, or why it doesn’t and what you’re missing. but first read our latest blogposts to know what you’re working with:
Next to continuing with smaller updates and fixes we’ll now be assessing the next big steps ahead. beta35 feels like a good base to build onto. more details as we’ve decided on directions..
Anything to add? Please do so in the comments. And have a happy new patch!
Comments are no longer accepted for this post.