vvvvhat happened in Jannuary 2017February 3, 2017 posted by: joreg
…and already 1/12 of 2017 has passed, but not idle! we first gave you the numbers of 2016 and then opened the store. devvvv-whise you got an intro to networking and async patching with vl and an outlook on the road ahead plus our first 3 video-tutorials to get you started with vl:
in latest alphas you can also already enjoy these new gems:
- an example of how to patch multitouch in vl: girlpower\VL\Animation\MultiTouch
- new midi-file reader nodes: MidiFile (Midi) and MidiTrack (Midi)
and then there’ve been a range of interesting forum-threads that got nice solutions with VL:
- ThetaS to real worldbeta-contribution
- Microsoft Kinect 2.0 Toolsbeta-contribution
- Excel Readerbeta-contribution
- PointEditorCS (DX11.Geometrybeta-contribution)
- Force Directed Graphbeta-contribution
and one documented: microdeeuser gave an update to his md.ecosystem in a new edition of the vveekend vvorkshop videos
mburkuser is teasing us with a dragon while guest offers some cookies noise-machine-0 and a bb-1…
The HAP Video Player Situation
for years this was high up on the wishlist of many vvvv users: a node that would play back HAP video files. and suddenly there are two solutions on the horizon:
- github user arronsmith has shared a repository with a c# implementation
- levuser is running a crowdfunding for a HAP video player node, see this forum thread: Funding Hap video playback solution. in a move of cool the m-box people apparently made a financial contribution so that the crowdfunding now only needs to unlock the availability of the node for non-commercial use! see the thread for details..
m-box, the cool kids
must-watch of the month was the projections for the opening of the elbhilharmonie in hamburg with contributions by vvvv allstars schnellebuntebilder, quadrature, intolight, madhat and lasaluser. here is a good video summary of the event.
restless colorsounduser has nicely documented the three last works he made together with CPP Studios: zf-hda-table, zf-ces-2016-concept-cockpit and abb-–-yumi-automatica-2016
and if you want to see something sick, here is what nsynk have been working on: a live AR show
Anything to add? Please do so in the comments. And have a happy new patch!
Comments are no longer accepted for this post.
Also i made a procedural city in raymarching, for my own amusement, well I’m trying to sell it to the Clyfford Still museum but I have to prove that despite keeping the midgets entertained, it did not quite feed them or keep them warm. It does get bloody cold here in the boondocks.
VIDEO HERE: https://vimeo.com/199894645