Website Updates /3October 19, 2017 posted by: joreg
the avvvvid visitor of our website has noticed some changes the other days. Here is a list of what we did and why:
Over 3 years ago we started an experiment by introducing flattr to vvvv.org. It allowed you to show your appreciation towards other users contributions via a microdonation. Admittedly our use-case was never the original intention of flattr and they made this clear by their recent rework which broke our integration on vvvv, hence we had to remove it.
My conclusion for the experiment: you tried it in the beginning but after about the first 1.5 years your interest in it was lost. I’m sure we could have kept that interest up by promoting it more, which just didn’t feel right after flattr announced upcoming changes to their model already a long time ago. So let’s see what the future brings in regards to microdonations..and of course everyone please don’t forget about the /Store! One more thing we can reveal: Over the years vvvv.org has earned 308,88€ through your flattrs for which we cannot be grateful enough. Dankeschön!
As asked for by power translator sebescudieuser users who are part of the “translator” group can now create private pages to prepare their translations and only publish them when they are finished.
Also we finally have a page that beautifully lists all foreign language pages with a hint as to whether they might need to be updated in regards to the english original. So if anyone fancies cleaning up some of the translations, it is now easier than ever. Here is how.
- When buying a license you often seemed to be confused about how to enter your VAT ID. This should be much clearer now.
- Contributions can now offer 32 and 64 bit downloads, as wished by vuxuser. More details here
- Problems with editing existing contributions as mentioned here were fixed.
- Vimeo embeds were partly broken as mentioned here
- Search still included results from the old forum. Those have been removed and a banner is in place to point you to the new forum search.
Comments are no longer accepted for this post.