LINK Summercamp - Presenting the TopicsJuly 17, 2018 Guest Post
We and the 25 participants can’t wait for LINK, here are some information for everybody on what we’re gonna do there.
We went through all applications and clustered the topics the participants want to work on and tried to sort all wishes and tagged them into 6 main topics/areas.
1) Timeline What we’ve mostly understood by now is that different use-cases have different timeline or cueing needs. Can we identify recurring scenarios and work towards a modular set of nodes to build custom timelines quickly?
2) 3D Engine Direct3d, OpenGL or Vulkan, all possible with VL but what does a library of nodes look like for the things we want to do. What’s the basics, what’s needed, what’s a bonus?
3) Integrating Libraries VL makes it particularly simple to integrate basically any .Net library. There are tons of libraries available. What are common patterns, best practices when importing and wrapping third-party libraries for use in a visual-programming language.
4) Machine Learning Being the buzz of 2018, ML can be beautifully integrated with visual programming concepts. Libraries exist that can be used, ideas are needed regarding what to use them for.
5) Authoring Environment vvvv is a multipurpose toolkit, VL is even much more general. Too general for some. What future target groups can be identified, what are their specific needs, how to best work towards those.
6) Realizing Projects This is a group where everyone works on their personal projects but is interested in sharing ideas and best patching practices, brainstorming concepts and helping each other out.
Please add your thoughts/ideas/interests regarding each of these topics in the forum. hurray!