vvvvhat happened in April 2018May 3, 2018 posted by: joreg
more than a month now since the release of b36 and we are happy with it. but are you? anyone using a previous version still? meanwhile we have b36.1 heavily in the making where we are concentrating our work on the vl CoreLib. making it more managable so we can finally open it up for contributions. some of the fruits can already be seen in the nodebrowser if you’re using alpha builds. announcement and some explaining words on this still pending. and then quite some crazyshit is happening in the secret labs that we hopefully can talk about soon…geee
one of the more often requested features for vvvv was the ability to run different parts of a project in different mainloops. since b36 this is conveniently possible using vl and the article Patch Your Own Mainloops explains how. no more excuses…
still more on the beginner end of things?
- make sure not to miss these recently refurbished patches Parasitic Design - a vvvv beginners cookbookbeta-contribution
- and consider joining the vvvv Academy Europe Tour in a city near you
and in case you missed the annoucement: /blog/2018/link-the-vvvv-summer-camp-2018 - the vvvv summercamp application will open soon and selected participants will then be informed by june 8th, leaving you with 2 months to arrange your travels.
some nifty new stuff:
- Sprite Playerbeta-contribution a first by jj-huser
- CSVvvvbeta-contribution a first by rmuelleruser
- Ranged Value Oscillatorbeta-contribution a first by nagydanieluser
- Simple FFT Recorderbeta-contribution nissidisuser
and updates for two oldygoldies:
and two nice teases from upcoming work by microdeeuser as part of his md.ecosystem 3.0:
happy to see three works in progress shared in april. keep them coming:
- UI with VL research by yaruser
- GameController by velcromeuser
- Creating a Camera (Transform Touch) by sebescudieuser
GalleryMelting Memories by Refik Anadol using FieldTripbeta-contribution by everyoneishappyuser as mentioned in this writeup on creativeapplications
and meso documented 3 of their latest works:
- YANFENG — Kinetic seat and media elements for autonomous car concept
- SENCKENBERG NATURKUNDEMUSEUM FRANKFURT — Modest multi-narrative media stations for natural history museum
- KLASSIK STIFTUNG WEIMAR — Hyperrealistic face-to-face experience for cultural history exhibition
that was it for april. anything to add? please do so in the comments!
Comments are no longer accepted for this post.