vvvvhat happened in Jannuary 2018February 4, 2018 posted by: joreg
or as i’d like to call it: a new dawn.
so many things…where to start… probly here if you haven’t yet: vvvv-in-numbers-2017 then an apology for the current release-candidate hiatus. we’ve been too optimistic end of december, when we let out the first. meanwhile 3 more things got finalized:
- Aspect Ratio and Projection Space
- Small Changes Regarding Enums in vvvv
- Dynamic DX11 Buffers in vl a new RC is scheduled to be announced this week.
also, the five part vl for vvvv users series of videos is now complete: part 1, part 2, part 3, part 4, part 5. it is basically the workshop i gave at node17. it picks you up where you are as a vvvv user and shows you how the basic things are mostly the same in vl but only when it comes to spreading you need to learn about loops instead. and once you’re there you’ll not want to look back…
…like e.g. this doctor, who was kind enough to give us an update on the status of his latest developments. must watch!
what next: we have a few independent libraries in the works at the moment that we’re planning to announce properly in the coming weeks each. for the bravvvve ones among you, go check our public repositories already:
- VL.OpenCV bringing computervision to vl
- VL.GStreamer bringing audio and video playback to vl
- VL.glTF bringing 3d assets to vl and even more to come… but beware: there aren’t really instructions yet on how to use those. so you might as well want to wait for the announcements.
with beta36 hopefully out soon we’ll then make plans for the next release. high priorities are endless, will be some tough decisions to make again.
it happened. it was great. 6 participants from zero to vvovv in 6 days. a few impressions are here. we’re planning to do this again, stay tuned!
here is a big one: u7angeluser open sourced his Automata UIbeta-contribution and in addition is also giving it away for free now for commercial projects! you be stoopid not use it and get him at least a drink the next time you see him. thanks man!
further quite a load of new stuff:
- FieldTripbeta-contribution vvvv pack for working with 2D and 3D scalar and vector fields by everyoneishappyuser
- happy.fxhbeta-contribution HLSL header files, for common functions by everyoneishappyuser
- Multi Light Shadersbeta-contribution phong & gouraud shaders that accept spreads as input by tmpuser
- Shooter-Flying-Camerabeta-contribution calculates a back and forward movement and a rotation into x-z axis with a sinus… by MultiNILuser
- Orbbec Astra OpenNIbeta-contribution reads all texture stream from orbbec astra device by nrszuser
- FaceTracker (DX11.Texture 2d) by microdeeuser
and updates to many top contributions:
- Instance Noodlesbeta-contribution by everyoneishappyuser
- SuperPhysicalbeta-contribution by mburkuser
- DX11.Particlesbeta-contribution by tmpuser
- Craftlie DX11 drawing for vlbeta-contribution by tonfilmuser
- HTMLTexture (DX11beta-contribution) by tonfilmuser
GalleryRecursive Infinity - Endless Procedural Crazyshit by evvvviluser
otherwise sadly not so much in the gallery last month. seems everyone is too busy networking their stuff socially. and then i stumbled upon this: https://vimeo.com/search/sort:latest?q=vvvv with many more recent uploads.. but please don’t forget to share your works also in our gallery to show people having their first contact with vvvv.org, what you’re doing with it.
and on a final note: tekcoruser has announced a workshop titled Chaos - Noise - Motion that will take place on march 10th in leipzig.
that was it for jannuary. anything to add? please do so in the comments!
Comments are no longer accepted for this post.
Maybe you can do some kind of user poll to help with the decision making :)