vvvvhat happened in October 2018November 6, 2018
as mentioned in last months update, we’re in the middle of realizing the very first project entirely with vl standalone while at the same time integrating vl with Xenko. It is a complex multiplayer VR project involving 2 groups of 6 players each, who interact with each other and a beautifully shaded environment. And the ride couldn’t have been more smooth so far. The project kinda develops itself along all the research we put into it that goes directly into the future usability of vl for everyone. Still a month to go until the opening…
In other news: Introducing: vvvv on mastodon Feeling social but cannot be botherd by the pretentious walled garden networks nobody is talking about anymore other than when they admit to another privacy breach? Follow us on Mastodon. Open as it is, there is also an RSS feed you can follow our account on, if you don’t want to sign up but still want to get the news. Welcome to the future!
And please save the date: Next Berlin meetup: November 27 Surprise us, come by and demo your latest crazyshit!
But now grab a drink, lean back and watch this:Hero lasaluser in an interview by psst
Here are this months updates:
- Global S&R Nodesbeta-contribution by ravazquezuser
- scenegraphbeta-contribution by woeiuser
- remotersabeta-contribution by joreguser
- paralibbeta-contribution by lasaluser
and a couple of new works in progress:
- log4net by sebluser
- 2 NDI implementations by minouser and motziuser
- VL.HardwareMonitor by joreguser
- VL.PsTools by joreguser
- Simple OSC nodes for VL by joreguser
GalleryThe Bumblebee and the Salesman Problem. A VR installation by Cornelia Heß
- Project 850 by princemiouser
- LA phil 100 year anniversary by kleinkariertuser
- Seeds (IAMAI 360 Projections - Burning Man 2018) by Time Thieves
- KlangRaumZion by Kurt Laurenz Theinert
- AR exhibit for Egripment Support Systems by nsynk.de
that was it for october. anything to add? please do so in the comments!