Workshop: Light control with SchémaMay 7, 2019 posted by: domj Guest Post
This two-day pilot workshop will introduce you to the secrets of light equipment and principles of visual programming.
Schéma is a new software based on vvvv and VL for controlling audiovisual installations developed in Prague. It allows for simple control of various lights and creating a wide range of animations through a combination of basic building blocks.
I posted more about the software itself in the WIP forum https://discourse.vvvv.org/t/schema-streamlined-visual-programming-for-physical-devices/17545 Overview also available here http://schema.domj.net/
You will learn how simple it can be to breathe life into various light sources such as classic and smart lightbulbs, moving heads, LED strips or christmas light chains and what kind of equipment is required.
You will also have the option to brainstorm your own building block which will then be implemented in front of the group in the VL visual programming language.
If you’re interested in this topic but don’t have a controllable light of your own to play with, no problem! A simple DIY device for dimming battery powered christmas lights (or other similar light sources) will be offered on the spot. This device can connect to WiFi and communicate with the Schéma system.
This pilot workshop will primarily offer you:
- Early access to the development version of Schéma
- Overview of the various technologies you can encounter while dealing with light control at music and theatre venues, audiovisual installations and others (DMX, ArtNET, OSC, MIDI)
- Overview of the necessary and optional hardware equipment for light control from a PC (DMX converter, MIDI controllers, …)
- Introduction to the principles of visual programming and dataflow
- Familiarization with the Schéma system
- The option to influence future development of the system
- A live example of using the VL visual programming language
Please prepare the following:
- A computer running vvvv beta getting started
- An external PC mouse is recommended
The workshop will be carried out in czech or english depending on the common language of the participants.
The workshop will be streamed online.
More information and booking here https://www.facebook.com/events/2217690264988190/
Comments are no longer accepted for this post.
Day 2 of Schéma workshop, stream now live. Starting at 15:00 CET https://www.twitch.tv/dominikjancik
Yesterday dind’t work out due to time issues. Put any questions in the chat, I’ll try to answer them live.