NODE20 - Educational discountsSeptember 21, 2020 posted by: joreg
Are you teaching or studying vvvv in an educational institution? Want to join NODE20 with a group of students? Please get in touch, we want to offer you a discount!
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tell us about your institution and how many students want to join
- We’ll get back to you with an offer
NODE20 features 25+ online vvvv workshops on various topics covering the needs of beginners and advanced users. This means the week of October 2nd to 8th will be a very good moment to divvvve deep. Besides, there’ll also be a rather fine conference program you’ll not want to miss.
vvvv in education
You may say we’re biased, but we believe that vvvv is one of the more suitable ways to get people in touch with topics like creative coding, generative design, computer graphics, interaction design, data visualization, computer vision, physical computing, machine learning and similar. This is even more true for the all-new vvvv gamma. Why? Here is a list of pros and cons with a focus on use in education:
- It is free for non-commercial/educational use without any restrictions or registration
- It is quick and easy to install
- Its visual live-programming approach allows you to get to results and iterate quickly
- It comes with a HelpBrowser that makes it easy to find tutorials and documentation on various topics
- It is easily extendable with custom nodes by writing standard C# code or using almost any .NET nuget
- All of its libraries are open-source, meaning they can be explored, learned from and extended
- It uses industrie standard programming concepts known from object-oriented programming that once understood, can also be applied in other programming languages
- The core developers and fine community of users offer direct help support via chat and the forum basically 24/7/365
Cons (status fall 2020)
- It runs on Windows only
- It cannot export to mobile, the web or microcontrollers
Have more? Let us know in the comments.
Hope to see you at NODE!
Comments are no longer accepted for this post.