vvvvhat happened in May 2020June 3, 2020 posted by: joreg
So where were we…
…right, we just released vvvv gamma 2020.1.3, the 3rd bug-fix release. Before that, we saw some impressive work by idwyruser, raveluser and andresc4user at the last worldwide meetup.
And all the time we’re still heavily concentrating on VL.Stride, where we’re making good progress and hope we can have at least some more demos out soon, before, obviously, we can’t wait to give it into your hands. Meanwhile, the best way for you to prepare for its arrival is to make sure you feel comfortable with vvvv gamma. For which we have prepared a series of:
If those are not enough, be sure to not miss the weekly vvvv gamma therapy sessions run by domjuser.
But VL.Stride is not the only thing that is cooking: The last weeks we’ve also put a lot of effort into providing first-class support for depth cameras: Kinect v1, Kinect2, Azure Kinect, Orbbec Astra, Intel RealSense, the Nuitrack API and the Ultraleap Motion. Expect a separate blogpost and non-prerelease nugets for those soon…
Next step according to the roadmap is improving networking…
- Nothing less than yet another update to the probably single-most elaborate UI widget library for a visualprogramming environment out there: VL.Elementabeta-contribution by dottoreuser and contributors. Join them in the VL.Elementa Chat!
- Ever more vvvv beta tutorial videos by takumauser
- And don’t forget to have a look at the forums work-in-progress section that also has continuous goodies coming in.
GalleryBeethoven Recomposed by schnellebuntebilder
- Always keep an eye on the vvvv job board
- There are some more on dasauge.de
- If you need a vvvv specialist or are one yourself, check out this listing of vvvv specialists available for hire
That was it for May. Anything to add? Please do so in the comments!
Comments are no longer accepted for this post.
I released the first public alpha version of Schéma on the 16th. It’s a realtime visual programming environment built from the ground up in VL.