With the all-new vvvv gamma finally having all the necessary bits together for being a serious creative coding environment, we believe it is also a premium tool for education. In case you need to argue:
Reasons to use vvvv in education
- It is free for educational use without any restrictions
- It is quick and easy to install, with no copy protection or need for registration
- It comes with extensive documentation, accessible right from an integrated Help Browser
- It connects to most popular protocols and devices
- It allows to teach programming concepts like object oriented programming and dataflow in a visual way
- While being a visual language, it can easily be extended via C# and the use of .NET Nugets
- Its libraries are open-source, thus can be inspected and learned from
Becoming a vvvv teacher
If you want to help us spread vvvv by teaching (with) it, we want to make sure you don’t feel lost in its universe. “Mastering vvvv for teaching” is an intensive 8 week (16 sessions) live online course with the goal of making you a confident vvvv teacher.
If you’re curious, please head over to The NODE Institute for a detailed description of the course a form to apply:
Hope to see you there! P.S.: If you’re interested in such a course but rather for commercial applications than for education, here is a little heads-up: If everything goes according to plan, we’ll be running a similar course in summer 2022 with a broader focus.