This workshop is for generative artists who start to explore the power of vvvv gamma’s 3D Engine (VL.Stride).
The online Workshop will guide you through the process of creating the title image used for the release of vvvv gamma 2021.3 as seen here.
In the course of 3 hours we’ll create this generative image step-by-step without cutting any corners. Every single topic and technique involved will be covered, only as much as needed. To be honest, we’ll just scratch the surface of what’s possible, but this will give you a good head start into the amazing construction kit that vvvv is.
You will learn how to:
- Create a generative 3d structure
- Render the scene efficiently by using instancing
- Define and assign materials to the instanced objects
- Deal with performance issues while rendering the 4k image
- Split up the patch into separate parts to avoid a mess and enhance performance, even when you are “just” prototyping.
- You should be familiar with the basics of patching in vvvv gamma.
- These videos will help you with that: ** First Steps ** Building a Simple 3d Scene
- This workshop will be recorded. In case you cannot make it on the date of the event, you will have the possibility to purchase a separate access to the recording afterwards.
- By buying a ticket for this live workshop you agree that your image, voice and screenshare are part of the recording and thus will be available for everyone afterwards.