December happened and what not happened is the planned release of 2020.3, the first stable one including the shiny new 3d engine VL.Stride, as planned. We’re in the final commits for it, so please bear with us and just get a preview if you can’t wait.
Meanwhile, the promised rework of the OSC and TUIO nodes has landed in previews, which should make it the easiest ever to work with those two ubiquitous protocols.
I think it makes sense to start giving you an overview of a few bigger community efforts that have recently started. Please add your expertise where you see fit! Hoping we can gather some regular updates from them in the coming months:
- The FUSE project is building GPU tools and libraries to use with VL.Stride. You can support them here
- The Universal Skeleton Bible is meeting for the first time next week
- A new VL.ML chat room just opened to discuss all things vvvv and machine learning
- VL.Wekinator by sebescudieuser
- BTrack by motziuser
- A massive PR of TextureFX for VL.Stride by bjoernuser
- takumauser started a new vvvv gamma Learn log
- tonymarkuser uploaded episode 5 of his chinese vvvv gamma course
- All vvvv workshop recordings from NODE20
GalleryBinärtransformation by raveluser
- Always keep an eye on the vvvv job board
- There are often some more on dasauge.de
- If you need a vvvv specialist or are one yourself, check out this listing of vvvv specialists available for hire
That was it for December. Anything to add? Please do so in the comments!