Introducing: Support for OpenXRDecember 13, 2022
We’re happy to announce that vvvv (previews) now support OpenXR, via a contribution we made to the open-source Stride 3d engine!
It essentially replaces OpenVR and other vendor-specific APIs as a new standard that all AR/VR device manufacturers have agreed on. Which means that chances, any upcoming AR/VR devices will be supported by vvvv, are high.
It is important to understand though, that OpenXR is quite an extensive API and at this point we support only the following features:
- VR Rendering
- Head tracking
- Hand tracking (on supporting devices, like the Quest2)
Many more features can now be added, one by one, depending on your requirements. Here is a full list of possible OpenXR Extensions. So if you have a commercial project requiring a specific extension, don’t hesitate to get in touch.
- Get the latest vvvv gamma 2022.5 build from the Preview Downloads
- For handtracking support
- Install the preview VL.Stride.OpenXRExtensions NuGet
- We’ve tested this with the Oculus Quest 2, workflows for other devices may differ:
- Make sure to update to latest version of the Oculus app
- In the Oculus Settings > Beta enable “Developer Runtime Features”
- Enable “Quest Link” before you start vvvv
- In the HelpBrowser open “HowTo Enable Handtracking”