vvvvhat happened in June 2023July 4, 2023
Where were we?
Right, we’ve released another stable this month! If you haven’t already, please read all about vvvv gamma 5.2 in the changelog.
Then: If you’re an avid follower of the preview builds you’ve noticed that we’re currently going through some turbulances. The cause of those is a good one though: After 5.2 stable we merged back a bigger branch where work has been going on towards… drumrolls… the long awaited Inspektor! So thanks for reporting all the buggers in recent previews, we’ll let you know as soon as there is something to see..
Further, work is currently going on in these areas:
- There’ll be a node-set to communicate with a redis database
- Global Channels are getting backends for OSC and redis
- There’ll be a node-set for logging messages from your patch to various logging sinks including an improved Log window
- Remember the Remoter? There’ll be a node-set and UI to achieve what it did
Here some events not to miss:
- July 6: Game Logic workshop
- July 7: MIDI & Sequencing tools workshop
- July 10: 21. vvvv worldwide meetup
- From October 16: vvvv Beginners Class Winter 2023
Many thanks to those of you who help complete vvvv with countless additions! For an overview of libraries available for vvvv start here.
Two major drops this time:
- After years in development, VL.Kairos is now available in its first stable version!
- VL.Addons now ships with a range of ~200 TextureFX and an Expr node
We received updates to the following:
- Always keep an eye on the vvvv job board
- There are often some more on The Interactive & Immersive Job Board and dasauge.de
- If you need a vvvv specialist or are one yourself, check out this listing of vvvv specialists available for hire
That was it for June. Anything to add? Please do so in the comments!