vvvvhat happened in November 2023December 4, 2023
If you haven’t been aware yet:
The third week in a row now, on Thursday evening, The NODE Institute is running one of a series of vvvv intermediate-level workshops.
Next on the list, this Thursday December 7, is an Introduction To FUSE the clever GPU patching library. It is free to join once you are registered at The NODE Institute, so there is really no good excuse to miss it!
Further we’re happy to finally have a release out, officially supporting Augmenta, a plug & play solution tracking people in a room or hands on a wall or table.
And here some more topics we’ve been working on lately, so you know what’s cooking:
- Latest vvvv gamma 5.3 previews are shipping with VL.Serialization.MessagePack, which adds support for MessagePack a widely used binary serialization format
- MessagePack is now also the default serialization under the hood of VL.IO.Redis
- Bindings with VL.IO.Redis can now also have an “Expiry” set, allowing them to be auto-deleted after a given time
- Lastet previews are also already shipping with the new Logging system. If you can’t await the announcement blog-post, check the helpbrowser for “logging”
- Work on Global Channels and Bindings is ongoing
- We have a branch where we’re running on .NET8 already
- We have a branch where we’re we can use
ComputeColorin shaders to get inputs of type
- Work is ongoing for adding more features to VL.Devices.ZED
- We’re preparing a PR towards Stride, adding support for the Passthrough extension for OpenXR
Many thanks to those of you who help complete vvvv with countless additions! For an overview of libraries available for vvvv start here.
This past month, we’ve received two new ones:
And updates to the following:
Plus new entries in the forum’s work-in-progress section:
- Typography patches in SKIA
- Create VL documents from the explorer’s context menu
- Making Peace with Blending and Color Spaces
This month we celebrate this beauty shot, posted on our shared madewithvvvv account. Many thanks go out to the guest. Please keep them coming!
- Always keep an eye on the vvvv job board
- There are often some more on The Interactive & Immersive Job Board and dasauge.de
- If you need a vvvv specialist or are one yourself, check out this listing of vvvv specialists available for hire
That was it for November. Anything to add? Please do so in the comments!