vvvvhat happened in October 2023November 1, 2023
Grab a tea and make yourself comfortable while reading yourself through the happenings of last month…
Two new things:
- Remoter 2.0 - a standalone tool that let’s you batch control a range of client PCs, useful for largescale installations
- OSCQuery - a node set to expose Channels from vvvv via the OSCQuery protocol
Nodevember is a yearly challenge during the month of November, to improve and show off your procedural skills. Share your patches with #nodevember #madewithvvvv #madewithfuse
Here are this years prompts: https://nodevember.io/prompts
Reminder: This is coincidentally also a perfect opportunity to test the Show & Tell feature.
A wide range of intermediate workshops run via The Node Institute is almost ready and we should be hearing more about those soon!
Meanwhile: Your fellow patcher
ravazquez has embarked on a journey of implementing game classics. Looks like some good learning material could be found in his repos:
Many thanks to those of you who help complete vvvv with countless additions! For an overview of libraries available for vvvv start here.
We received a new one:
And updates to the following:
- VL.Audio (which is shipping with vvvv) got a new extension contributed by your fellow patcher
chkthat allows you to view the Spectrum of the current input. Available in latest previews!
Plus a new entry in the forum’s work-in-progress section:
American Museum of Natural History / Invisible Worlds - by Tamschick Media + Space
- Always keep an eye on the vvvv job board
- There are often some more on The Interactive & Immersive Job Board and dasauge.de
- If you need a vvvv specialist or are one yourself, check out this listing of vvvv specialists available for hire
That was it for October. Anything to add? Please do so in the comments!