vvvvhat happened in December 2023January 5, 2024
…and a happy new year!
Already save the date: The NODE Institute has announced that there’ll be a vvvv meetup on January 12th!
And also over at The NODE Institute the following webinars are coming up in January:
- January 11: Châtaigne and vvvv: Powering Multimedia Installations by Seb Escudié
- January 18: From Dataset to Dataviz: Mastering Data Visualization by Katharina Mayrhofer
- January 25: Sequencers and Clocks by Arístides García
And there’ll be even more in February!
But before we divvvve deeper into 2024, here is a final review for last year:
- Minor breaking change: We now have support for GPU< RGBA> which means when using latest 5.3 previews you’ll also need to update to latest VL.Addons and VL.Fuse
- We’ve massively improved debugging in vvvv. Read all about it in Debug Views
- We’ve released an initial version of VL.MediaPipe, read more about it in this forum entry
Oh and two suggestions:
- If you need some patching practice: Genuary is currently running and encourages you to build and share little beautiful things following their prompts
- Watch this Introduction to FUSE, the clever GPU patching library:
Many thanks to those of you who help complete vvvv with countless additions! For an overview of libraries available for vvvv start here.
This past month, we’ve received two new ones:
And updates to the following:
- GammaLauncher: Download and changelog
Plus an update in the forum’s work-in-progress section:
- VL.RichtextKit has seen some updates
This month we celebrate this beauty shot, posted on our shared madewithvvvv account. Please keep them coming!
- Always keep an eye on the vvvv job board
- There are often some more on The Interactive & Immersive Job Board and dasauge.de
- If you need a vvvv specialist or are one yourself, check out this listing of vvvv specialists available for hire
That was it for December. Anything to add? Please do so in the comments!